Ghostwriter, Editor, Book Coach
Kuwana Haulsey is an award-winning author, editor, and ghostwriter who has written more than 20 books for major publishers, independent publishing houses, and individual clients. Her areas of expertise include self-development, spirituality, memoirs, parenting, historical fiction, children’s books, entertainment, travel, and celebrity interviews.
As a ghostwriter, Kuwana’s primary goal is to make sure that her client’s voice shines throughout the work, capturing his or her unique approach to the subject matter.
Kuwana’s books have been published by Random House, Simon and Schuster, Harper Collins, and Hay House, among others. She’s won multiple national and international awards—including being named one of the “Best New Voices in American Literature” by the Penn/Faulkner Foundation.
Titles that Kuwana has authored, ghostwritten, and edited include:
- The Red Moon (Random House) * Washington Post Notable Book of the Year and a Hurston/Wright Legacy awardee for Debut FictionAngel of Harlem (Random House/One World) *Winner of the New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age; winner of the Blackboard
- Bestsellers Organization awarded Angel the Medal of Courage
- Everything I needed to know, I learned from my six-month-old (Cleiss Press)
* included on “Best Books of the Year” lists by Publisher’s Weekly and Newsday.com.
- TranscenDance By Michael Bernard Beckwith (Hay House/AMI)
- Let My Soul Surrender by Rickie Byars Beckwith (LoveTrust Media)
- Inspirations of the Heart by Michael Bernard Beckwith (Hay House/AMI)
- The House That Jack Built by Hal Jackson (Harper Collins) *Featured in The Smithsonian Institution.
- Unstoppable by Mark Miles (Balboa Press 2016)
- Between Dad and Me by Charles Holt (Hay House/AMI *Amazon Bestseller)
- The Voice that Matters by Charles Holt (Hay House/AMI *Amazon Bestseller)
“Kuwana Haulsey allowed the best in me to shine and truly inspired me with her notes of praise.” –Rickie Byars Beckwith, author of Let My Soul Surrender
“Kuwana helped me bring the story of my life to the page in such a beautiful and vivid way. Thank you for an excellent job well done! I have gotten excellent reviews.” –Mark Dale Miles, author of Unstoppable
“I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being—by far—the best companion and partner to me on this whole journey. Your insights and advice have been invaluable, and I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work in pulling the content together. I honestly don’t know how you do this for a living—it’s grueling. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you—now or in the future. I suspect our paths will cross again someday. I certainly hope so! For now, I leave you with my sincerest appreciation. Thank you so much for everything, Kuwana. You’ve been amazing.” _ With love, Rebecca Ward